The weekend is fast approaching which means it’s time to swap your work suit for a swim suit and dive in! At Crush we understand not every person enjoys lounging poolside or having a nap on their floatie (check out our top 4 picks for floaties this year) – which is why we have compiled a list of the best swimming pool games for 2018. These games are all crowd pleasers so you are sure to have a fun filled weekend!
- Marco/Polo – A classic. I feel like I don’t have to say much more about this because of how iconic it is. Rest assured your kids will keep this up for at least an hour. Just make sure you have a non biased judge for fish out of the water… or else things could get heated.
- THE RULES: The person who is “marco” says MARCO the rest of the players say POLO. The “marco” person must try to find the “polo” people based on sound alone. If the marco person touches a polo person they are now marco. If a polo person leaves the pool and marco calls “FISH OUT OF THE WATER” that person becomes marco. Objective: try not to be marco.
- Beer Pool Pong – for our young adults/adults and hey fill those cups up with juice and i’m sure the kids will love it to. There is no better feeling then when your ball lands into that red solo cup. Wondering how you’ll get a table in the water? Don’t worry – they have floating beer pong tables that you can buy here.
- THE RULES: Each team fills up 6 cups of beer (or any beverage they choose) and you take turns trying to toss ping pong balls into the opponents cups. Every time you sink a ball in an opponents cup they must drink the beverage and remove that cup from the table. The team that sinks all their opponents cups first wins.
- Chicken wars – we recommend this one after 2 beverages but no more then 4.
- THE RULES: Climb onto your teammates shoulders and try to knock your opponent of their teammates shoulders. The last team standing wins.
- Treasure hunters – A great way to get rid of spare change and also give your kids some pocket money!
- THE RULES: Toss PLASTIC (real coins can damage your liner) coins into the deep end and send the kids down diving. The person with the most money wins. It’s up to you if you want to cash out the real dough at the end of the game.
- FISH – Pretty much the same as HORSE but in the pool.
- THE RULES: Get a pool basketball net and take turns trying to make shots. If you miss a shot you get an F then I then S …. the person who spells FISH first loses.
These are our favourite swimming pool games! Let us know in the comments what yours are… Have a great weekend!!!