Buying a House with a Pool – Things to Know
Date: October 12th
Are you buying a house with a pool? There are definitely some things to know and ask before you get the keys. Check out the list below!
- First things first – make sure you get the pool INSPECTED! Your real estate agent can help you with this! You don’t want to buy a pool that has a leak.
Questions to ask…
- When was the equipment last replaced and is it under warranty?
- The worst thing that can happen, is you buy a home with a pool and some of the equipment gives out a day or two after you take possession of the home. Leaving you to replace it ($$$$).
- How much does it cost to maintain the pool?
- The previous owners will have a good idea of how much you should plan to spend in upkeep cost (hydro, maintenance, etc).
- Where are the pool opening and closing materials kept?
- Don’t get caught when it comes time to close the pool, without a pool cover or pool closing supplies like plugs and gizmos!
Happy house/pool hunting!!