Pool Closing Tips
Date: October 10th
First time closing your pool? Here are some pool closing tips to ensure your closing goes smoothly.
- Clean your pool prior to closing – a clean pool at closing will lower your chances of algae forming over the Winter/Spring (saving you $$$ in Spring clean up costs).
- Keep your pump running until you close – if you stop circulating the water, it is likely to turn green. In addition to that if temperatures begin to drop you risk your pipes freezing!
- Make sure the pool is properly balanced before closing – you don’t want to damage your pool equiptment due to improper water chemistry!
- Add chlorine and anti-freeze – when closing your pool these are usually the only two chemicals you need to ensure your pool is safe over the winter.
- Empty skimmer baskets daily prior to closing – as the leaves begin to fall you don’t want your skimmer basket overflowing with leaves, as it can strain and damage your pump.